Sunday, April 28, 2019

Divine Mercy Prayer Service

3pm is known to us as the hour of mercy for this is the hour when Christ lowered His head and died upon the cross.

From the Diary of St. Faustina concerning this hour: “At three o'clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy ... In this hour I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion.“

Therefore, we gather together at this hour of mercy praying the Divine Mercy chaplet. Following this prayer service I will offer confessions to those who desire to partake of this Sacrament of our Father’s mercy. It is my fervent hope that all will make frequent use of this sacrament as they make frequent use of the Eucharist.

The Eucharist is God made Flesh and so we are very much in need of the Sacrament of Confession. From St. Faustina’s Diary we hear: “When you go to confession, to this fountain of mercy, the Blood and Water which came forth from My Heart always flows down upon your soul.” We must realize and trust that the Lord is merciful with us. There is nothing which the Lord cannot forgive and heal.

Today we partake in a celebration of the Father’s mercy. Let us be open to this mercy and let us desire to share this mercy with those whom we encounter.

Jesus I trust in you!