Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday 34th Week OT Homily

Last Wednesday I was looking forward to Thanksgiving break. I knew that I had to first head to Indianapolis for NCYC and following that event that I would head home to be with my family. Therefore I wanted to get everything in order before making the trip. First I needed an oil change and then I decided it would be best to start the trip on a full tank of gas. Thus I pulled over turned off the engine and filled my car. The problem came when I attempted to turn my car back on and nothing happened.

We often try to get everything in working order, but despite our hard work everything starts to go crazy. I find it striking when this gospel passage says: "You are not to prepare your defense beforehand, for I myself shall give you wisdom in speaking."

No matter how prepared we may think that we are we must think of these verses. We have all been given many blessings and trials, but we must always remain grounded in Christ. No matter how prepared that we feel that we may be we must remain grounded in Christ. Our reading from Daniel showed a people who failed to remain grounded in Christ. May we not get so prepared that we remove Christ from our lives, but may we instead give glory and eternal praise to him all the days of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment