Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday 14th Week OT Year I Homily

I had just ordered my food at a Japanese restaurant and was waiting for my food to arrive when I decided to pray Daytime Prayer. A man walked by my table and glanced at what I was doing and asked if I was praying the Bible. I said I was praying the Psalms which were found in the Bible and that I was studying to be a priest. The man smiled and said he had something in his car that I would like. He came back with a newspaper which explained why the pope was the Antichrist.

We have a faith which is worth sharing with the world. It can be easy to get caught up in the importance of the faith and desire to run into the world and share it with everybody that we meet. This excitement that we might want to share is fine, but we must also remember that we will not always be accepted. Christ understood that people would come into the world who would not follow along with his teachings, but instead of getting caught up we must wipe the dirt off of our shoes and move onto the next city. When people challenge our beliefs or want to press you to turn away from what you believe we must take this passage to heart and remember that not everyone will be converted at that moment.

When we enter back into the world what experiences will look us into the eyes. I never would of figured that I would of been challenged while eating Japanese food, but it happened. It would of been pointless for me to allow this moment to hurt me because I needed to get up from that table and continue to go into the world and live out my Christian mission. May we go out from here and bring Christ into the world and fear not when we are not accepted because we have so much work to do we must continue to bring Christ into the world even if we are not accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment