Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Declaration Prior to Orders

I the undersigned, (name) son of (name and name) of the (Arch)diocese of (name) having presented my petition to the (Arch)bishop for receiving the Order of Diaconate do now, as Sacred Ordination is at hand, having diligently weighted the matter before God; testify under oath that I am not motivated by any force or fear in receiving this Sacred Order but ask for it of my own free will and choice because I believe that I am truly called by God to do so.

I assert that one and all of the duties flowing from this Sacred Order are fully known to me, which duties I willingly accept and propose with God's help to carry out most diligently all the days of my life.

Especially I swear that I clearly understand the implication of the law of celibacy and that I freely embrace it and will keep it faithfully with God's help until the end of my life.

Finally I swear that, according to the norms of the Sacred Canons, I shall obey most faithfully in all the matters which my superiors command and the discipline of the Church demands and that I am prepared to give a good example in word and deed, relying in the hope that I may be rewarded by God for receiving this Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment